Wednesday, October 02, 2019

Painting domestic scenes

I have hardly posted here over the last two months because my energies have been directed toward finding somewhere permanent to live. More on that later. 

I am really missing a decent painting space, but while I wait for better I am alleviating  my property blues by  painting little domestic scenes.

Chalk drawing: teapot and milk jug

Teapot, milk jug and Clivia flowers on the easel
The teapot seems to be painting itself. It is very different from the last canvas of a vase with onions which sat on the easel and complained for such a long time. Each time I passed it I changed it, but in the end I took it off the easel and put it away, perhaps to just paint over it. It is so dark, perhaps reflecting the winter days that are now slowly receding.

Vase and onions


1 comment:

Liz said...

I rather like vase and onions!