Friday, October 24, 2014

The old eggbeater

Eggbeater
Acrylic on canvas
38 x 67 cm
My 'domestic items' painting spree continues, this time my mother's old eggbeater which I remember being used when I was a child.

Mother's passion was gardening, but she was also an excellent cook and her eggbeater got a lot of use, right to the day she died.I don't think she ever owned one of the more modern mixers.

Couple
I painted over an old picture of two life drawing models done at wonderful a Michael Taylor workshop held in Grafton nearly 10 years ago.

The eggbeater is an improvement on the original painting!

1 comment:

Liz said...

I suggest a show of 'domestic' paintings - so different to the more ubiquitous landscape images although yours are always gorgeous.My mother had a painting of a somewhat distorted sewing machine which I thought was the most interesting of all the pieces on her wall.