Friday, April 10, 2009

I'm in!

After three days of running up and down staircases in tall art school buildings, I am now officially registered as a guest student. I consider myself very lucky as the school, and particularly the painting department, is over subscribed and really had no guest-student places to offer. I was told several times that getting a place would be impossible, but in the end I was able to sneak in. My experience in Germany has often been that if people see you are really keen they do their very best to help you. But you have to be keen!

I am not exactly sure where the boundaries are for a guest student and the information on available courses and lectures is not exactly easy to understand, so the next weeks will be a learning experience. I was told the school is the free-est in Germany. I believe it.

No comments: