Sunday, April 07, 2019

Window sill therapy

The window sills on the western side of this house need painting every couple of years as the harsh Australian sunlight destroys the paint. The last time I painted them was 2017.  I knew they needed painting but it was only after cleaning the house up (a touch of Marie Kondo ...or more than a touch actually) that I realised how unsightly they had become. In addition two of the multipaned windows in the lounge had never been painted and remained a ever more tatty apricot colour. (The rest were painted white when I moved in 8 years ago).

So this weekend I got out the scaper, the sand paper, the face mask, the paint and some brushes. The job didn't take long, but what a difference it has made.
Dark apricot to white
(So good to have shingles (almost) behind me.)

No comments: