Monday, February 25, 2019

Warlight - a wonderful read



It has been a week since my last post and in that week I have learned what a nightmare shingles can be.  It isn't the itchy blistery rash that is the worst part, but the seering nerve pain that follows. Not everyone experiences it, but if you do, you won't quickly forget it. Coupled with nausea and exhaustion, it makes you feel as if you might never recover.

I am recovering however, incrementally, day by day and today I have finally spent a day on a chair instead of in bed. The St John's Wort, VitC+Zn,VitB12 (I am taking every safe  substance that is recommended) seems to be working.

One boon has been reading Warlight, the new book by Michael Ondaatje, author of The English Patient. It's a wonderful work and deserves to be read slowly. It's a very unusual sort of who-done-it, though to characterise it like that does it an injustice. Definately recommended.


1 comment:

Liz said...

Thank you for the recommendation Elizabeth. I shall reserve it immediately. Get better....soon