Friday, September 04, 2015

Hamburg biking

It is 4th September and suddenly it is cold here in Hamburg. There is a chill in the air that reminds you that you are closer to the Arctic than you realised. I think Hamburg and Macquarie Island to the south of Australia are on the same latitude. The trees are still as green as green, but the chill is a harbinger of autumn.
Feldweg
I am on my borrowed bike as often as possible, riding along the narrow roads between the fields. Corn is still standing but the wheat has already been harvested.
Biking in Hamburg







A bike is such a pleasure and I am enjoying the feel of wind in the hair. Helmets are recommended here and many children wear them. Very few adults wear helmets in this small village and perhaps they wouldn't use their bikes so much if they had to wear helmets. I certainly wouldn't.


No comments: