Monday, April 25, 2011

Pink to white

Pink pink pink. Pink walls, pink ceiling, pink lampshade, pink floor. No, not pink floor, but the pink walls and ceiling made the floor seem pink too.
The second bedroom of my little cottage was not only very pink but also in need of a bit of TLC. So I got out the white filler-stuff and patched up all the holes and cracks (very satisfying that) then painted the ceiling white. I used white 'decking' ceiling paint I found in the garage (thank you my predecessors) hoping it might have very good coverage and only need two coats. It had ... and it did.
Then I painted the walls white. Joy, oh joy, it only needed two coats to cover the pink, not four coats like the blue bedroom. It took next to no time in comparison.
The pink bedroom is a warm white, the blue bedroom is a cool white and both rooms are now waiting for pictures to arrive on their walls.

No comments: