Sunday, September 21, 2008

Blossom


I was dreaming, walking along with thoughts elsewhere and suddenly in front of me was a picture of nature at her most perfect. On the tree beside the library, almost every flower was suddenly open, every flower was perfect, not a petal dropped. The flowers were single, white with a rose blush. I couldn't stop looking.
I know if you stand and stare for a while, an image will stay in your brain a long while. I still remember some early daffodils in the botanical gardens in Hamburg. I also remember that I was having a love affair with physics when the beauty of the daffodils forced my thoughts away from ruminations about Capra's Tao of Physics.
I wonder if I will remember that I saw these blossoms on a particularly balmy Dunedin day. Next day was cool and today is very windy so probably these wee flowers have been blown off their stems.

No comments: